The Mission of Nishkam is guided by its literal meaning of SERVICE ABOVE SELF. It aims to serve the entire humanity without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language or region. We have focused our attention to the following areas of service.Nishkam Sewa Ashram is a not-for-profit organization that works to support vulnerable orphan and abandoned children, neglected and isolated old age elders, poor and needy patients and enable and empower the under privileged children and women. We make no distinction on the basis of caste, creed, race and religion and do not have any political affiliation.
The organization came into existence in 1975 by the efforts of Shri Sarwan Kumar Ji and several other like minded citizens of Ludhiana city. Nishkam Sewa Ashram got registered as a Trust in 1983 with Registrar of Firms and Societies, Punjab and Chandigarh. Since inception Nishkam has achieved several milestones by setting up and successful running of several projects and programs which have benefitted more than 100,000 needy and under privileged. Our vision is just, equitable, humane and sustainable society for inclusive growth of one and all. The Administrative office of Ashram is situated at Village Daad, Main Pakhowal Road, LUDHIANA 142022 Punjab India.
The vision of Nishkam is guided by its literal meaning of SERVICE ABOVE SELF. It aims to serve the human beings with the following vision.
- No person on this mother earth remains hungry.
- Everyone gets medicine and medical treatment when required.
- All are literate and every child is educated.
- No one is a beggar and all work for their living.
- All get opportunities to learn and acquire skill.
- Peaceful co-existence among all religions and promoting humanity.
Nishkam Sewa Ashram has focused its attention on the following areas by adopting SERVING, EMPOWERING, EDUCATING AND SENSITISING as tool in pursuance of achieving its vision.
- Respectful living to neglected, isolated and poor elders .
- Secured life to orphan and children without family.
- Health services and medicines to poor patients.
- Enabling of under privileged Poor children by the means of education.
- Empowering the women and girls by providing vocational training to make them financially independent.
- Educating And Sensitising
- Service to Society in case of natural calamities and disasters and other welfare
- Campaigning and coordinating for social causes and concerns.
Accreditions And Memberships
- Licensed Adoption Placement Agency by CARA of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- Registered NGO with NGO Partnership System by Planning Commission of India.
- 1978 Old Age Home (Vridh Ashram) at Janta Nagar, Ludhiana.
- 1978 Nishkam Sewa School at Dr. Ambedkar Nagar, Ludhiana.
- 1984 Old Age Home shifted to Village Daad, Pakhowal Road.
- 1992 Nishkam Sewa School at EWS Colony, Near Samrala Chowk, Ludhiana.
- 1993 Nishkam Sewa School at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Ludhiana.
- 1995 Nishkam Sewa School at Chandan Nagar, Ludhiana.
- 1997 Nishkam Sewa Hospital, Shimla Puri, Ludhiana.
- 2000 Typing Centers which were converted into Computer Training Centers.
- 2001 Shishu Sewa Sadan (Home for Orphan Children).
- 2001 SSS Public School Laltokalan, Ludhiana.
- 2005 Nishkam Sewa School at Flower Enclave, Dugri.
- 2005 Kripa Dhaam, Dana Mandi Road, Ludhiana.
More than 100,000 underprivileged and needy served and empowered so far.
More than 40000 slum children made literate and educated
Nishkam is in service to humanity since 1975.
Several success stories and several alumni students now well placed in society.
More than 10,000 women and girls trained for sewing and fashion design.
Mostly running their own boutique/tailoring business or employed in factories.
More than 10,000 girls trained in computer and IT courses.
Several girls employed as computer operator in Government and private sector.
All children of Shishu Sewa Sadan are looked after like home and given education.
More than 10 such children given in adoption to suitable families.
Two girls raised in Shishu Sewa Sadan married and well settled.
More than 500 elders are given home in Old age Home.
Ration and cloth distribution to needy and extremely poor families .
Scholarship to deserving poor and physically challenged students to pursue higher studies.
More than 20 lac fruit trees planted.
counseling to several couples in matrimonial disputes, drug addicts and property disputes among families.
Effective campaigning for several social causes .
Finding a home for orphan child
Vaccination to children
The Managing Committee under the superintendence and control of Board of Trustees of Nishkam Sewa Ashram looks after and monitors the management and state of affairs of all the activities of Trust. The meetings are held periodically and all projects and programs are appraised and reviewed for their effectiveness and impact it has made on serving the cause. Dedicated volunteers hailing from distinguished back ground from Society are taken as members of Managing Committee and are assigned administrative and supervisory role in all projects and Programs besides employing support staff wherever required.
Accounts & Finances
Accounts for all receipts and expenses are maintained in most prudent manner and at the end of each financial year, are audited by a professional chartered accountant. The internal audit mechanism is also in place to scrutinize all transactions so that all funds are judiciously utilized for the purpose it has been raised. All required statutory returns with various Governments and other Authorities are filed every year and financial statements are kept in public domain for transparency and accountability. The Income Tax Authorities have allowed exemption to all donations to Nishkam Sewa Ashram under Section 80-G of the Act.